Ham Steak is one of the easiest steaks to grill. The reason for that is the ham is already cooked and all you need to do is heat it up and eat. Ham Steak makes a very quick meal if you are in a hurry, and does well if you need to feed a large number of people at one time. Great for picnics!
1. Cut into 3/4 inch or 1 inch thick steaks.
2. Pre-heat grill on med-high to high.
3. Lay steak on grill.
4. Check the steak within 2-3 minutes by lifting the edge of steak. Look for a good sear mark.
5. Flip steak to other side.
6. Cook about 2-3 minutes and check underside for sear marks. The steak may be done before the second side sears well, so do not wait just for the sear marks. Touching the steak should still have a spring back effect. If not then it is overcooked.
7. Remove steak from grill and serve.
Safe Internal Temperature: 140-160 degrees
* Ham steaks do very well with a brush on glaze, like honey mustard. Brush on each side just before placing on grill. Brush more if you want. The glaze will bubble and brown when done.
* It’s common to cook the first side a little long. The second side may not take as long to cook, so watch close.
* All grills are different in the amount of heat produced, so watch your steak closely. If the grill is too hot the bottom will burn even though the top is still cold. If the grill is not hot enough the steak will not have good sear marks and will be dry.